The company’s primary focus areas are education and skills development, arts and culture, and the environment.
The company’s CSI efforts will be guided by the following principles and practices:
- Focus will be given to a few key projects
- Projects that materially impact on a few people will be preferred over projects that have limited impact on a large community of people
- There will be an emphasis on investing in medium to short term sustainable and well managed projects
- Projects will be aligned with the company’s operations through physical location of the operations, the economic sector, or the underlying brands
- Alignment between the enterprise of the company and its consumers will be sought
- Internal and external experts will be engaged where necessary to ensure a better understanding of CSI and transformation, to source appropriate projects and to assist in the review of projects
- Projects will be monitored and evaluated against expected outcomes
- Employee volunteerism will be promoted
- Formal reporting on CSI projects is required
- The company will annually evaluate its CSI programme and report to the board.